Add Contact Form to Ghost Using Formspree
Formspree is a great option for adding a contact form to your Ghost blog. Formspree takes a very different approach to forms which I think is pretty cool. Here are the steps to get started with for Formspree:
- On the Ghost post or page that you want your contact form add the following HTML:
- Update the email address on the first line to your desired email address (ex.
- Also update the subject in the last input to a different value that you want the subject to be
- Publish your page and navigate to the post you just created. Fill out the form and click Send.
- Check your email and click the link in the email to confirm your ownership of the email account.
- Your new contact form is complete!
<form action="//formspree.io/[your-reply-email-address]" method="POST"> <input type="text" name="_gotcha" style="display:none" /> <input type="text" name="name" placeholder="Your name"> <input type="text" name="_replyto" placeholder="Your email" /> <input type="text" name="name" placeholder="Your message"> <input type="submit" value="Send"> <input type="hidden" name="_subject" value="New submission! - Ghost For Beginners" />
To get details about what some of the input tags do and for other options, you can check out the Formspree documentation
Here is a sample of our contact form using Formspree: