How To Install Ghost On Amazon (AWS)
- To get started with launching Ghost into AWS head over to the Bitnami Ghost product page
- On the Bitnami Ghost product page select the AWS region where you want to launch Ghost and click Continue
- Sign into your AWS account
- Select your desired EC2 instance size (select micro to stay with in the free tier) and click "Accept Terms & Launch with 1-click"
- You can now head to the EC2 console and change to the region you selected
- On the EC2 console page you can click "Running Instances"
- You will have a new running EC2 instance, select it and copy your Public DNS URL
You can now use the Public DNS name to view Ghost in your browser and also access your EC2 on the command line:
ssh -i /path/to/ssh/key firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ghost admin interface is available at:
The Bitnami team has created a user for you. The username is:
email@example.com. The autogenerated password needs to be retrieved. You can follow the Bitnami instructions or just run the following commands:
ssh -i /path/to/ssh/key firstname.lastname@example.org sudo -s grep Bitnami /var/log/boot.log
If you get the error:
bad permissions: ignore key: /Users/davidb/Desktop/key.pem Permission denied (publickey)
run the following command:
sudo chmod 600 /path/to/amazon.pem
Now that you have Ghost installed, lets head to the next section so we can create the first user!
Create First User