How to Install Ghost on Koding
Note: Koding is for development only. Your instance will only live for 15 minutes after you log off. Do not use this for your production blog, but it is incredible for testing Ghost configurations or themes.
- Head over to the Koding website and sign up for an account.
To get access to the Koding command line, on the top bar, click on the "+" next to "Your Apps" and click on "Terminal".
3. Download and install Ghost:
4. Edit the config file:
cd /var/www/ wget https://ghost.org/zip/ghost-latest.zip sudo unzip -d ghost ghost-latest.zip cd ghost/ sudo npm install --production
5. In the production section change:
sudo cp config.example.js config.js sudo vi config.js
host: '127.0.0.1', port: '2368'
6. Save and Exit (
host: '0.0.0.0', port: '80'
:wqif you dont know the vi command)
7. Stop Apache so Ghost can run on port 80
8. Start Ghost
sudo service apache2 stop
9. Head to the URL that Koding provided you (for example howtoisntallghost.kd.io) and your Ghost blog will be up and running!
sudo npm start --production