How to Install Ghost on Rackspace
- Head over to Rackspace and sign up for Rackspace Cloud account
- Go ahead and log into your control panel
- You now have to wait for them to call you to verify your account. They say it usually takes less than 5 minutes, but you might be able to speed it up by chatting with them.
- Click on "Deployments"
Put in your deployment name, and then scroll down in the list till you see Ghost
Add in your Web Site Address
- Click "Next Step"
- Select your "Server Size" and then click "Create Deployment"
Scroll down and click on your new Instance
Scroll down and grab the IP Address
Type that into your browser and your Ghost is up and running!
SSH Into Your Deployment
Open up Terminal/Putty and ssh to your IP Address
- Under the "Deployments" Tab, click on your deployment and then click on "View Generated Passwords" to show your deployment's passwords
- If you want to copy this stuff somewhere, you can. This is the only time you will be able to view it.
- The first password you see will be your root password, so go ahead and type that in. (if that doesn't work, open up that server on the web, and click on Actions -> Change Password)
- Now your In!
- Ghost lives in
Next Steps:Keep Ghost running with PM2
Keep Ghost running in the background and on startup using PM2
Learn Ghost from the Ground Up
Head to "Ghost for Beginners" to learn everything you need to know about learning and customizing Ghost
Find the Perfect Ghost Theme
Go to our Ghost themes section of this site to browse all of your Ghost theme options in one place.