How To Point A Domain Name At Ghost
The process for pointing a domain at Ghost will differ slightly for every provider. This article will document the steps to point a domain purchased at Namecheap to your DigitalOcean droplet running Ghost, but it should be very similar for most providers.
- Signup for a domain name over at Namecheap.
- Now you need to configure your domain to point to DigitalOcean. To do that, from the dashboard, click on 'Manage' next to your domain name.
- On the domain page, click on the 'Nameservers' dropdown, and change it from 'Namecheap Default' to 'Custom'
Fill in the following 3 nameservers into the list that is provided.
ns1.digitalocean.com ns2.digitalocean.com ns3.digitalocean.com
- Click on the save button.
- Next log into your DigitalOcean account.
- Once logged in, click on the 'Networking' link and then click on 'Domains.
- Add in your domain and then select the droplet you want the domain to point to
- Hit 'Create Record' and thats it!
Thats it! Again it may be different for your specific domain name registrar, but it should be a similar process. If you run into trouble, most of the big companies have 24/7 online chat support who can do it for you. Good luck! If you have any questions or need support we would be happy to assist you, leave a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.